Careers at Navigator
At Navigator, our team members strive to provide the best financial solutions for our members every day. We are currently accepting applications for the following positions. Interested applicants who meet the requirements described below may submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org:
PAYMENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (full-time) in Gautier, MS
- EXPERIENCE: One to two years of similar or related experience recommended.
- EDUCATION: High school diploma; some College credits preferred.
- DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: To preserve the credit union’s assets by controlling delinquent loan accounts, collecting delinquent loan payments and/or recovering collateral. Provides direct high quality support to members. Contact delinquent members by telephone and mail to determine the reasons for delinquency and assist in the developing plans to bring accounts to a current status and/or increase payments. Follow-up on delinquent accounts in collections queue or paper report by telephone and/or letter. Notify co-signers regarding status of delinquent accounts, perform skip trace work to locate members and search various member accounts for funds to apply to loans. Prepare necessary paperwork for legal action, review bankrupt, legal and CDI accounts and file proof of claims when required by Payment Services Supervisor or Manager.
- SPECIFIC SKILLS: Provide accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to members and vendors of Navigator Credit Union; must have working knowledge of personal computers. Receive calls and respond to members and branch staff requests to resolve account inquiries.
- GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: Job may require special hours at times, this may include working Saturdays and working extended hours. Must possess professional, interpersonal skills to communicate information, both oral and written, courteously and effectively to members, other credit union employees and vendors.
DIRECTOR OF BRANCH OPERATIONS (full-time)
- EXPERIENCE: Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- EDUCATION: (1) A Two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
- DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Directs, develops, motivates, hires and disciplines branch personnel, scheduling, administers performance evaluations and recommends appropriate personnel actions; Monitors branch operating results relative to established objectives and ensures that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions; Maintains communications with main office; prepares and submits standard reports; attends scheduled management meetings; Represents the branch as appropriate in its relationships with members, sponsor organizations, suppliers, other financial institutions, and similar groups; Monitors all branch activities to ensure they are in compliance with established credit union polices; Establish new accounts for eligible members and sell the financial services that best meet the needs of the members. Maintain knowledge of all credit union products and services. Perform all non-Monetary transactions for members, including but not limited to, wire transfers, and Money orders check copies, adjustments/changes, automatic transfers, ATM cards, Safety Deposit Box transactions, stop payments, and direct deposits; Obtain and complete required documentation for all consumer loans; Overseeing and Maintaining an adequate supply of cash. Responsible for ensuring branch operations are successful in the Alabama market.
- SPECIFIC SKILLS: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving and obtaining information, as well as advising or referring, which commonly require shorter discussions.
- GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable
sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public.
IT OPERATOR (full-time) in Gautier, MS
- EXPERIENCE: Six months to two years of similar or related experience recommended.
- EDUCATION: College background in IT area or related experience.
- DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Providing first level support for the IT Help Desk Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., select Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., and rotating after hours support with other IT Staff. First level support includes, but is not limited to, assisting Navigator employees in resolving basic hardware and software issues; assisting in the development and maintenance of internal departmental documentation and procedures; monitoring vital system logs on a daily basis; maintaining inventory of all necessary IT related equipment; learning additional network or programming duties by attending specialized training; as well as performing other duties as assigned.
- SPECIFIC SKILLS: Provide accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to employees and vendors of Navigator Credit Union; knowledge of personal computers to include Microsoft software products as well as basic computer hardware; some basic knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles; and strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds while moving IT equipment. Job may require special hours such as upgrades, special projects and some holidays. Must be willing to travel, as the job may require offsite training and IT testing. Must possess professional, interpersonal skills to communicate information, both oral and written, courteously and effectively to other credit union employees and vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Navigator Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.